Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gripes & Hobbies

GRIPes
Let me start by saying that I have three gripes about San Francisco. The first gripe is that I do NOT trust yelp/citysearch/menupages of SF. I just tried looking up the best hair salon in SF on Citysearch and it came up with a salon which does NOT even have a website. Sounds like a manager bumping his own reviews! Menupages also doesn't have enough reviews from city dwellers. I know I shouldn't complain about this, seeing that I do not leave comments on Menupages, however I have in the past in NYC. I diverge. My point is is that the people of SF should use menupages more - LEAVE COMMENTS. I also think that yelp and citysearch shouldn't be tweaked by managers. My second gripe is cabs. This is a full blown city. Where the fuck are the cabs ? I will randomly see a van here and there. That is not enough. There are mad tourists, young professionals and alcoholics roaming around after 2am who should NOT be driving. Unfortunately they do not have a choice. They have to drive. Public transportation? These guppies don't use the train during the day, why the hell would they use it at night? CABS should be more prevalent in this city. My last gripe is tax. Okay fine, I haven't been paying for anything as of late. I still notice. Tax is outrageous in this city...and this whole nonsensical 4% tax tacked on at some restaurants for health care for their employees ? WOW.


Singing. So I have decided that I am going to take singing lessons with a woman named Heather. I believe that I have a gorgeous voice and that it needs to be exercised. I am not attempting at becoming a singer, it is just one of my many new found hobbies :). I think that the beautiful note sung during the entertainment night of my wedding proved to the world that there MAY be a talent there waiting to be uncovered. Hey, even if there isn't- a girl can dream ? Plus, it is fun. I was always in chorus growing up and secretly crossed my fingers to be picked as the soloist. I have definitely been told that I have a nice singing voice. If only I can get the lyrics right !

Photography. I took a bunch of pictures at Golden Gate Park during the daytime and Noe Valley/Castro during the evening. I had a lot of fun doing it and think that my images are pretty bad ass for my first honest attempt at photography.

Reading. I am still reading Atlas Shrugged. Had a great time reading it back to back with my hubby at Golden Gate Park. This book is crazy long, but I can't wait to be finished with it so I can spend a full day at a bookstore looking for my next fresh book !

Writing. This blog. Which I need to start updating more often. However, it is a start and once I have more of a focus, I will be updating it more often ! =)

Volunteer work & Education. I am really excited about this new hobby. I have always wanted to become a teacher. I may not be a full blown teacher as of now, but at least I am doing something that I love doing and heading in the right direction. I am a reading partners volunteer at Sanchez Elementary School. Every Thursday for an hour, I tutor a 2nd grader named Naomi. Apparently with 30 tutoring hours, Naomi is expected to advance a full grade level.

Health. KP got me a water bottle. I am going to drink two of these water bottles everyday. Religiously. I am also going to start Chalean Extreme on Monday. I came up with a goal for myself. Once I destroy the fat on my body (build muscle and lose approximately 10 lbs. of fat), I will get a killer haircut at (best hairsalon in SF) - notice that I do not have a definitive place yet. (Please refer to gripe number one). Anyway, once I lose this fat and look smoking hot again. I will get a fabulous new haircut and color, a new outfit from BCBG, a mani/pedi/facial. I absolutely can not wait !!! =) I wonder how long it will take me to burn 10 lbs. of fat ? Knowing me...it will take approximately 6 weeks.

So that is it ladies and gentelmen. My gripes and hobbies. The ongoings of my mind. I wish I could upload pictures for you. However, my computer rejected my camera and I am hoping to fix this situation for my next blog post. Till then- I leave you with this poem. (which will one day become a famous song..that I sing..and have a video to.)

There is a box which resides in my head.
My head. My head. My head.
Waiting to be Pandora.
Explore and escape into where she said.
Said. Said. Said.

That is the chorus. If I gave you the lyrics now, you would copy it . ADIOS ! =)

2 comments:

  1. Naomi!!!! What a cute hobby!!!

    When you lose the 10 lbs, please don't yelp/citysearch/menupages that salon!

    I think I know the tune of that soon to be famous song :P

    ReplyDelete