
So there is this girl named Nicole, better known as SNOOKI. Perhaps this is dated as the entire Jersey Shore (season one) is over- but who cares..we aren't talking about anything worthwhile. Snooki is going to get paid $10,000 per episode next season. To do what ? To walk around like a bimbo, hook up, drink, party and strut her small little self. Am I or the rest of the country jealous ? I'm not sure. Define jealousy. I actually sat through my first episode last night - sat through a full hour. Will I watch another episode ? Definitely not. I will not watch another episode because I feel like it is an insult to my time. However, if it were on the tube, would I be bored by it ? No. It serves its purpose- it is entertaining and makes some people feel better about themselves - that they aren't as stupid as Snooki.
My friend in NYC, Deborah Hong, was actually in Glamour this month posing as Snooki. Not only is Snooki making money for herself- she has become one of America's favorite reality TV stars. People want to know what she is going to do next. It's random and unpredictable. Wildly entertaining. Yet, stupid. SIGH !
Three words - life is unfair.
ReplyDelete