Monday, April 12, 2010

The Crazy Daughter in Law

I have recently become a daughter in law to a very awesomely loving family. I have run across quite a few scenarios where I act in accordance to what I feel dutifully correct of a Indian daughter in law (DIL). However, in my mind, I imagine this crazy daughter in law character which is up to no good. She is a sweetheart that means no harm, however, she is slightly mischievous.

Sammie is a 26 year old Indian girl born and raised in Boston, MA. She was raised to focus on her studies in a fairly westernized family. She got married to the man of her dreams who happened to live in SF, CA. She moved across the country to live with her husband. She has to live with her in-laws for the first half of her marriage.

THE RING
Sammie borrows a pink ring from her mother-in-law (MIL) to wear to a birthday party. Sammie goes out and leaves the pink ring on the soap dispenser of the burger joint she went prior to the party. She wakes up in the morning and realizes that she left her pink ring at the burger joint. She is freaking out about what she should do because she doesn't want her MIL to think she is irresponsible. Sammie hopes that the whole thing will blow over and her MIL will forget about her pink ring. Mid afternoon the next day, Sammie walks into MIL's room and sees her jewelry box blatantly sitting on her bed. Sammie realizes that the MIL is probably trying to hint at her to return her pink ring. Unfortunately for Sammie, pink ring does not exist right now. Sammie tells the MIL that the pink ring is at the restaurant which she needs to go back and pick up at some point.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment